Complaint Forms

Civilian Complaint Information Sheets

(Explains how to file an IA complaint)

Civilian Complaint Report Forms

(standardized form for civilians seeking to file a complaint)

Complaint process:

Once a complaint has been received, an Internal Affairs supervisor will be assigned and will ensure that a complete and thorough investigation is conducted in a timely fashion. You might be asked to help in the investigation by giving a detailed statement about what happened or to provide other information or documents. Once an ultimate finding is determined, you will be notified in writing of whether the complaint was found to be sustained, unfounded, exonerated or not sustained. If the investigation shows that a crime might have been committed, The Monmouth County Prosecutors Office will be notified. Any disciplinary action taken against personnel of the Long Branch Police Department must be in accordance with the department’s rules, regulations and New Jersey civil service rules. We appreciate your time in participating in the complaint and review process.

How to file an Internal Affairs complaint:

  1. Online: Printable Complaint Forms or Fillable Complaint Form (English Only) (COMING SOON)
  2. In-person: Long Branch Police Department, 344 Broadway, Long Branch, NJ 07740
  3. Mail: Long Branch Police Department, Internal Affairs, 344 Broadway, Long Branch, NJ 07740
  4. Email:
  5. Telephone: Captain Joshua Bard 732-222-1000, ext. 1300