- Parking Meters
Parking Meters are in effect from May 1st to September 30th.
The City of Long Branch has a new smart meter parking system powered by the Flowbird mobile app. The new system uses pay-by-plate, doing away with numbered parking spots and increasing the ease and options for paying. Flowbird meters will accept Cash and Credit. Apple Pay and Google Pay can be used via the app. Utilizing the app further simplifies the process by storing your credit card and plate information so you only need to enter information once. Meters are located in several areas throughout the City, including North Beach, Beachfront North, Pier Village, and on the oceanfront from Brighton to Morris Avenues.
Flowbird allows you to pay for parking in 3 simple steps:
- Select Location
- Choose Duration
- Confirm Payment
Benefits of Flowbird
- Get fast and free access to the easy-to-use parking app.
- GPS is used to automatically identify where you are parked.
- Receive smart notifications during your parking sessions.
- Pay only for the actual parking time.
- Pier Village and Great Lawn (Includes Madison Avenue and lots on Whitman and Greeley): $2/hour Monday-Thursday and $3/hour Friday -Sunday & Holidays
- Municipal lot across from Ocean Place Resort on Ocean Boulevard (Chandler & Maps Lot): $2.00/hour Monday-Thursday, $3.00/hour Friday-Sunday & Holidays. All-Day parking rates are $10 Monday-Thursday, $20 Friday-Sunday & Holidays.
- All other areas: $1.00/hour Monday-Thursday and $2.00/hour Friday-Sunday & Holidays
- Free parking is available for residents at the municipal lot across from Ocean Place Resort on Ocean Boulevard for Long Branch residents with proof of residency. People entering the lot will be asked to show the vehicle's registration and the driver's license of the person operating the vehicle upon entering the lots.
- No limits. You may add money to the meter to stay longer.
- Metered Hours in Pier Village are 10 am to Midnight.
- Metered Hours outside of Pier Village are 9 am to 5 pm.
- Remember to obey other parking restrictions such as no parking in Pier Village between the hours of 3 am and 5 am.
All handicapped parking spaces are free of charge with placard or plates. (As per State Law and the ADA act)
If all handicapped spaces are taken, you may park in another space but are required by NJ state law to pay the maximum time allotment on that meter one time. Once that is paid, you may park in that spot for up to 24 hours with a handicapped plate or placard.
Questions about the meters? Call 732-571-5648