Starting September 1st, the Sanitation crews will no longer collect recyclables that are in plastic bags. Recyclables must be in a reusable container no more than 32 gal size. Recyclables found in plastic bags will not be collected.
The Monmouth County Reclamation Center will resume permitting resident access to the facility beginning Wednesday, May 20, 2020. The resident drop-off tent will be open on Wednesdays and Thursdays 7 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. and Saturdays 7 a.m. – 2 p.m. Please note that in order to preserve resident and employee safety, a few changes have been made:
- Residents must practice social distancing and wear a face covering at all times
- Please wait for and follow attendant’s directions to dumping location.
- All dump tickets will be returned to the scale operator.
- All residents will be required to self-unload vehicles.
- All dump body trucks and trailers will be directed to our MPRF building for dumping.
Please be aware of prohibited items, including recyclables, automobile/rechargeable/button type batteries, appliances, etc.
Monmouth County Reclamation Center notice on Grass Clipping The Monmouth County Reclamation Center will continue to take grass clippings for Commercial Customers (including landscapers) and Municipalities who dump grass clippings will be directed to the Material Recovery and Processing Facility (MRPF) building to dump this material, residential customers will continue to dump grass clippings at the residents tent. The tipping rate for grass clippings will be $36.50/ ton (which is unchanged) and $3/ car load for residents (which is also unchanged)