BEACH INFORMATION 5/18/20
LONG BRANCH BEACHES TO OPEN MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND WITH SOCIAL DISTANCING GUIDELINES IN EFFECT
(LONG BRANCH) - The City of Long Branch will be opening their beaches, on Saturday, May 23rd for Memorial Day weekend. Visitors should expect a few changes and be prepared to follow social distancing guidelines set forth by the state.
Here is a list of what visitors need to know:
- All beaches are open in the city
- Police & Beach Staff will be monitoring and enforcing social distancing requirements. FAILURE TO COMPLY WILL RESULT IN EJECTION FROM THE BEACH.
- Patrons are recommended to wear face coverings when entering and leaving the beach
Following state and federal guidelines, beachgoers outside of the household must practice social distancing, no group/household larger than 10. This will be enforced.
In the event social distancing is no longer attainable, due to beach population, the beach access point will be closed and beach patrons will be directed north or south to the next open beach access point. All beach access closings will be determined by the Director of Beach Operations or the Beach Manager.
Showers will be operational please practice social distancing
Restrooms closed, Porta Johns at various locations- please practice social distancing. Porta Johns are used to help ensure social distance. (UPDATE -
Porta Johns will be used Memorial Day weekend and will be located at many beach access points for visitor usage. These will be cleaned frequently and the single occupancy stalls will help ensure social distancing.
Starting next Thursday, May 28th, we will be opening our normal restrooms and comfort stations along the beachfront with signage indicating social distancing restrictions that are in effect.
We want our residents and visitors to know that we will keep the Porta Johns IN ADDITION to opening the restrooms, in order to reduce lines and have more options for visitors using our facilities. )
As per executive order 143;
1. No water fountains will be opened on the beachfront
2. No playgrounds or picnic areas on the beachfront
3. No group sporting activities on the beachfront
Seasonal badges will be available for purchase daily at the beach office everyday from 10am-3pm with Viply payment app (preferred) and cash only. Beach office is located at the North East Corner of South Bath Avenue and Ocean Blvd. Badges are $45.00 Adults 18-61 years old (62 and up free), $30 for Students 14-17 years old (13 & under Free)
Daily badges will be available for purchase at the ticket booths at each beach entrance using the Viply app (preferred) or cash; or purchase at the parking meter and bring to the ticket booth for badges. Ticket booths are equipped with physical barriers in place to protect the patrons and staff.
- Parking meters are in effect on May 1st to September 30th & Paid Metered Lots will be available. Lots are one fee. $5 Mon-Thur, $10 Fri, Sat, Sun, and Holidays. Free parking is available for residents at the municipal lot across from Ocean Place Resort on Ocean Blvd for Long Branch residents with proof of residency. People entering the lot will be asked to show the vehicles registration AND the driver’s license of the person operating the vehicle upon entering the lots.
For more information about the beach or beach operations for Memorial Day weekend, please the beach office at 732-571-5697.
Seasonal Beach Badges:
Available at the Beach Office, located at Ocean Avenue and South Bath Avenue, between 10AM and 3PM.
- $5 M-F
- $7 weekends/holidays
- $3 every day for ages 14-17
Always FREE for 13 and under/62 and older with ID and for disabled individuals!
This is for municipal beaches only and does not apply to Seven Presidents (North of Seaview Avenue).
For more information, contact the Recreation Department at: 732-571-6545 or the Beach Office at: 732-571-5697
- Stairs: Brighton Avenue, West End Avenue, Cottage Avenue, South Bath Avenue, North Bath Avenue, Pavilion Avenue, Morris Avenue, Chelsea Avenue (2 entrances), Great Lawn and Seaview Avenue.
- Sand Ramps: Beachfront North , Madison Avenue, Laird Street, Melrose Place and Morris Avenue
- ADA Compliant Ramps: Morris Ave. N, Chelsea Avenue, Pavilion Avenue, North Bath Avenue, Cottage Place and West End Avenue
- A limited number of Surf Chairs and Water Chairs are available for use. Please speak with any ticket booth representative or call the Beach Office at 732-571-5697 for assistance.