- Public Library
The Long Branch Public Library has served as a community anchor for almost 100 years. As we work to continue our legacy of being change agents, we also continue to balance innovative technologies and trends with time-honored traditional services. With over 148,000 visits to the library last year, it is clear that our devotion to balancing both innovation and tradition resulted in one of our busiest years to date.
Visit the official Long Branch Free Public Library page.
If you live or work in Long Branch, your free library card offers you:
- Books: We have about 80,000 books and 5,000 ebooks between two branches.
- Movies: 9,000 DVDs including new releases, children's movies, and over 130 TV series
- Music: Over 3,000 CDs ranging from new releases, rock, hip-hop, lullabies, jazz, and more
- Magazines: 91 entertaining and educational titles. Most are available to download to your phone, tablet, or computer from our website using the Zinio service
- Online Resources: You can access most of our collections online, plus services like Mango, our language learning database, Corfacts, a business-to-business directory, and take practice standardized tests such as the SATs, GRE, Civil Service Exam, Citizenship Exam, and more.
In addition to our collections, we have 34 public computers and free Wi-Fi, a Career and Technology Center (for all your job searching, technology training, or small business needs), a new Teen Zone, Senior Space, Local History Room, an entire children's floor, literacy classes, free notary public services and more.
Please know that as we continue serving our community we will remain committed to maintaining the highest level of customer service, integrity, and efficiency possible. There has never been a better time to visit your public library.